How to move all your possessions overseas – top tips from Dubai Movers
Moving to a new country is a big transition and involves a lot of effort. It is important to organize and sort your stuff depending on your needs. Most moving companies in Dubai go by the following list of must-dos to guarantee a successful and worry-free move:
- Divide your possessions into necessary and unnecessary stuff. It is quite tricky to sort your belongings into things you want to leave behind and things that are absolute requirements for your life abroad. Calculate the space of your new home so that you get an idea of what to put where. Here’s a tip: make temporary space at your home where you can pile and arrange things.
- Donate or sell the things you don’t want to take with you. This will get rid of the not-needed items. NGOs are always happy to accept things like clothes and toys to distribute among underprivileged people. It doesn’t make much sense to leave behind stuff that you may need in future whenever you potentially come back, it is always better if someone uses it. Anything you haven’t used in the past one year, chances are you will never use it again in life. So, make space and don’t leave anything behind.
- Check the restrictions and duties on bringing the goods into the country. Every country has different rules. Most nations allow basic household goods, but you should always consult the local embassy of the country before taking your things there. Generally, weapons and flammable materials are not allowed.
- Buy packing materials. As you pile up all your stuff for shipping to new location, start looking for sturdy cardboard boxes, bubble wraps and strong tapes. Moving to a new country is not a one-day process, so do not leave anything to the last minute. You can also take help from movers in abu dhabi. It is advisable to buy more tapes, packaging materials and bubble wrapping than necessary, just in case.
- Choose the right movers in sharjah. Nowadays, you will find numerous options of Dubai Movers and all over the world. The moving costs mainly depend on the weight of your packages and the duty taxes. Shipping your stuff always costs less than flying them. It is very important to check that the movers and packers in abu dhabi is registered and has proper certifications. Short list a few top moving companies in sharjah front of you and compare their prices.
- Get all your stuff insured. It is always a good idea to get all this stuff under insurance in case of any theft, loss or damages during transportation. Check with your insurance company so that you’re prepared for all outcomes. Call your insurance agent for advice and clarifications.
- Pack light carry-on luggage. You should carry your basic stuff in a light bag with you when you take the final flight. It is not a good idea to ship every single thing in packages. A lot can happen—your boxes can take extra time to arrive or your things could get lost. You should carry a few pairs of clothes, a few days worth of toiletries and eateries.
Moving your personal objects abroad is complex and requires a lot of time management and effort. It could, at times prove to be very challenging and confusing. Because of this, it is always recommended to work with a professional moving company dubai that takes care of all aspects of your move. People mainly consider moving their belongings overseas than buying new ones in replacement because it cuts costs in spite of the tax and customs charges.
Get Free Moving On Quote